Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day Four - interview with Three Cyclists from La Haute Route


Tuesday 23 August 2011
Location La Salle-les-Alpes

Name
Beat Stauble
Where From
Zurich Switzerland
Age Bracket
42
Why Haute Route
Always wanted to ride in the French Alps and by coincidence this fitted in perfect for training for the Ironman in Hawaii! 
Bike
Cervelo S3 2009
Secret for Haute Route
Trying to stick to schedule after race which is immediately nutrition, massage then 60min nap.
Top 3 Excuses
Today - everything went wrong, but it was good prep for Hawaii. I got a flat, I rode alone during the 20k flat section and into the wind!


Name
Marg Fedyna
Where From
Edmonton Canada
Age Bracket
46
Why Haute Route
I found out about the Haute Route two weeks prior. I road and MTB and said to someone, if you can find me a 7 day stage race I’m in, I’ve been spending the entire summer on the sofa. A friend found it, emailed me and I’m one of those people who need to do things NOW, so I worked over time at my job and booked my flight one week out. I also wanted to ride all the French Alps.
Bike
Trek Madone 6.5 WSD - 2008
Secret for Haute Route
Recovery - especially drinks, I’m into healthy products, lots of plant based products such as Vega - a brand from Canada
Top 3 Excuses
No excuses - can’t even think of things! Today, Day 3, because of the heat, 4000m of climbing and brought my camera, I set reasonable goals and wanted to chill out on the day (note - she finished second in the ladies solo) 
Name
Cedric Kohler
Where From
Geneva Switzerland
Age Bracket
42
Why Haute Route
I am not so good at going uphills, so it is good practice. Once I saw the Haute Route, I thought this is something I need to do, so I am here. 
Bike
Cervelo S2 - 2008
Secret for Haute Route
Don’t give up
Top 3 Excuses
There are no excuses

No comments:

Post a Comment