Wednesday, July 27, 2011

27 July 2011 #17 a continual bike riders dream even - Paris

 Are you sure this is summer!?




Food - The chocolate croissant that I had mid ride about an hour ago that got me home, yum!  
Weather - a bit of rain, cold and full of clouds. As someone said “enjoy November in Paris” translation - even though it is  July it still feels like November.
Mode of Transport -  Now that I’ve moved over to the Trocadero a snooty area near the Eiffel Tower the level of car has improved substantially. Then again there are some old beat up Renaults that have every panel damaged, to get that done it is quite impressive. 
Conversation - with Jeff Rogers who I’ve worked with the past two summers, JR “what to ride this afternoon” me “yes!” We went to Versailles but this time a different way from the day before. Then again we did go through Bois de Boulogne and the same cars with ‘workers’ were in the same places, remembering that I went through the park well before lunch yesterday and today it was around 6:30pm. Do I need to ask why and how or just let it go ... I choose let it go.
Animal - we actually saw horses on the way out to Versailles, not that this is exciting news!! There really are millions of dogs here in Paris, they get taken into shops, hotels, restaurants and the metro ... I’ll work on getting some best of shots in the coming days.
What else of note: where do I go after my time in Paris ... that is the great undecided at this present time!  
Parting thought of the day/blog: My new digs for the night, le Hameau de Passy, 48 rue de Passy Paris, I moved over to the Trocadero for the night before moving into a flat for the rest of my time here. Half the price as the last two nights, twice the size room and bed plus a shaggen rug on the bed! Impressive!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment