Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday 4 July 2011 #6 a continual bike riders dream

Happy 4th of July --- after living in the States for 8 years (and only ever being there for 2 of them) I feel that I need to acknowledge their big day. 
Food - don’t let this out but I got to cook tonite, with left over vodka what else can be done, Salmon Vodka a sure fire winner! Also more bananas today! 
Weather - Most of the day was spend doing work for the upcoming TdF trip - plenty of cool breeze in the apartment which was nice. Still on my drive around there was a heap of men and women in full winter clothing, Amazing!  
Car - forget the cars, it’s all about the car parking here in Pamplona! Granted the spots in Pamplona are tiny which doesn’t help but still! I parked the Renault Traffic today. It was in a spot where the car next to me was parked next to one of their rubbish bins on the street. So he (or she) had plenty of space on the garbage side. So the guy parks right on the line on the opposite side from the bins! Leaving NO space ... if I wasn’t ‘in the Spannish mood’ this may drive me a little crazy but ‘when in Pamplona’ does as the locals do! Since the R.T’s are massive it is easier to park on the line as well ...
Conversation - the conversation around the dinner table tonite was priceless, reminiscing about past trips, characters and what’s to be expected. Good times and the clients haven’t even started.
Animal - again a shame, no animals today, the opening ceremony is tomorrow and the bulls run the next day. This was the closest thing I saw to an animal. 
What else of note: I may have to talk about another food situation, at lunch we had Pintxos (tapas) and there was one which we called ‘surf and turf’ - ham, crab, anchovy, egg (of course) 
Parting thought of the day/blog: Parking W H A T parking in Pamplona ... good thing they produce a lot of VW’s down here ... hopefully they have a huge spare parts division! 

No comments:

Post a Comment