Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sat 2 July 2011 #4 a bike riders dream continues



Food - The two pastries out at Orio ... just a little sugar rush to get me home. Tonite off to Pamplona so who knows what we’ll have on the dinner table ... just hope it is not freeway food! 
Weather - Almost Cut and Paste from y’day ... this is what everyday should be like, cool breeze, sun and more sun, glorious.  
Car - it is going to be a Renault Traffic - I’ve not seen it yet but that is my trusty steed for the next oh - 3 weeks - on the road. This automobile will end up with a nickname and will most likely appear is a few of these blogs
Conversation - it would have to be with the rider E’kite, who I rode up the second last mountain with today, 18 years old, just done 100k and not even out of breath. We chatted on the monster (many more monsters to come and they’ll be ‘worse/better’ than this pee-on) of a hill between Orio and San Sebastian.
Animal - the cows on the road between Orio and San Seb - they have one amazing view, I bet they don’t even appreciate it.
What else of note: I’m pretty excited that my 2 months of gear has fitted into my army duffel and I can ‘comfortably’ carry it around for the summer ... hmm will I ever bring a bag with wheels to EU!? 
Parting thought of the day/blog: San Sebastian is one amazing place, many many thanks to Gorka and his crew for taking me in. I see a trip to SS with a group of riders sometime in the very near future. One more thing, there was another picture in the restaurant that we had lunch in yesterday, it was of Neil Stevens, he too lives in the area but I forgot to mention him in y’days notes. It is also the first day of 'le tour' it is one of those things that I think being back in Sydney you get to see more of le tour but it is still great to be here, see the newspapers (try and interpret what they say) and watch it without it being at 2 in the morning, sorry Australians. 

PS Congratulations to Philippe Gilbert on winning stage one of le tour

No comments:

Post a Comment