Tuesday, July 26, 2011

26 July 2011 #16 a continual bike riders dream even - Paris continued


Time to relax! Naps - 9 Hours of Sleep - More Naps - that’s better!
Food - last nite while riding around Paris for a few hours it got to that time when dinner was needed. It wasn’t long after that thought that I found a place,  it was just a kebab joint but something had to make it special. The line was twenty deep before you got to place your order, it had to be good! It was just what the DR ordered, taste buds were bamboozled and my belly became full. It was in the Jewish area and watching these kids while dining was entertainment in itself! You would have thought that they had never seen a camera before! 
 
Weather - Since I had no agenda today other than sleep, eat and do a load of laundry it was a great chance to jump on the bike and head out of Paris. People told me that trying to get a ride around here would be impossible, challenge accepted! I looked at a map before leaving and knew that the roads around Versailles were decent. Out through the park of Bois de Boulogne - similar to Centennial Park in Sydney but with the added excitement of prostitute cars by the side of the road ... sorry this section is meant to be about weather - it was cloudy, not to hot and perfect to ride in.
Mode of Transport - If anyone has seen Wayne’s World you’ll appreciate the Mirthmobile, an AMB Pacer, even with living in the US for 8 years I think that I saw one in that entire time. Well today I saw my second ‘live’ Pacer - red and in perfect condition! I also have a soft spot for Citroen 2CV’s - there must be a regatta at the moment as there were many on the way out to Versailles - nice.
Conversation - old lady while riding through Versailles “le tour -- fini” with a huge smile, how can that not make you chuckle to yourself. 
Animal - I don’t think that I’ll be seeing anything that can fill this section while in Paris, other than pigeons and sparrows ... that is what I saw today.  
What else of note: did you know that Paris has a yacht club. 

Parting thought of the day/blog: there must have been half a dozen cars with streamers hanging from the side mirror and ladies sitting in their underwear in Bois de Boulogne! Some in camper-vans, some in ‘family’ cars! I guess when the van is rocking ... see you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment